1. If I already have an account on one of STARY’s platforms, do I need to create a new account on WriterNow?
In this case, you don’t need to. Simply log into Stary Writing with the account/method you use on Dreame, Ringdom, or Slash, then your information will be synchronized onto the App. If you haven’t signed up for any Stary’s platforms, please feel free to create an account on Stary Writing, which you can also log in to the three platforms mentioned above because synchronization also works in this way.
2. I had already created an account, but why I saw a new account after I logged into Stary Writing?
We currently offer three login methods, which are logging in with your email, Google, or Facebook account. Please make sure you log in with the account you used to sign up, especially when you have the same email address for your Google and Facebook account.
3. How can I switch to another account if I have more than one account?
(1) Click on your “avatar” in the top navigation bar – “Log out”.
(2) Choose to log out your current account. Then you will be sent to the login page to select another account.
4. How can I retrieve my password if I forgot it
If you ever forgot your password, please go to the login screen and click on “Reset Passwords”. You will then be able to reset your password using your recovery email address. Please note that there is a limit on sending out verification codes, so make sure you get the email address right for the successful receival of the code.
5. I logged into Stary Writing with my account created on one of Stary’s platforms before, but I didn’t find my stories on the App. Why?
Sometimes this happens because of some network errors. If you find yourself in this situation, please click on “My Story” to synchronize your information onto the App.
6. I’d already filled in my information on the profile page, but I couldn’t save them. Why?
In this case, make sure filling in required fields that marked with *, and please note there is a word limit on “User Name” and “Gender”. Only when you fill in your information as required, can you save them. You can refer to the tip to see what went wrong.
7. How can I edit my information, such as a pen name and introduction?
After logging into the website, you can click on “Edit” to go to your profile where you can edit your information. Then by saving your changes, you will be able to see your updated profile.
8. How can I view the messages sent to me after I received message notifications?
By clicking on “Inbox”, you will find all the notifications/messages.
9. I’d already filled in the information for my story, but I couldn’t save them. Why?
In this case, make sure filling in required fields that marked with *, and please note there is a word limit on the title and description. Only when you fill in your information as required, can you save them. You can refer to the tip to see what went wrong.
10. How can I add tags to my story?
While on the “Create-Setting” page, select the book that you’d like to add tags to. Then by clicking tags, you will be able to add tags. Please note that you can only add a maximum of 10 tags to each book.
11. Can I edit my story, such as the title or book cover, after I have submitted it? How?
While on “Story” screen, select the book that you’d like to make changes. Then by clicking “...”, you will be able to change your book title or cover.
12. How can I recover my stories/episodes that I deleted by accident?
You can go to “Recycler” and choose the episode you want to recover. Please take caution when you want to delete the content in your recycle bin because this action will get them permanently deleted.
13. I have scheduled the dates/times to publish my episodes automatically, but how can I reschedule them?
By choosing “Publish Later” to schedule dates/times/number of episodes, you can set your pace to get your episodes automatically published until your story reaches the end. If you want to change your pace, simply click “Edit”, which allows you to cancel your schedule.
14. What is the Sponsorship I can get on Stary?
Writers will become one of our partners when winning a contract on Stary. Not only the monetary rewards but also the support from Stary are all available to our partners.
a. Book promotion. Stary will help bring your story to a wider audience through its marketing efforts and build your fanbase.
b. Career development opportunities. Stary is exploring different possibilities in the hope of presenting more opportunities for writers to create and showcase their work.
c. More ways to present stories. Eligible stories on Stary’s platforms will be adapted to audiobooks/games/paperback.
d. Support from the editorial team. To improve writing skills and overcome the writers’ block based on the writing guides, tips, and tutorials
15. How to apply for a contract on Stary?
Please follow the steps below:
a. Create an account on Stary’s platforms.
b. Write your story, and when it reaches the required amount of words, submit it to the editorial team by clicking “ ... ”-->“Apply For Contract”.
c. Fill in the required information and click “Submit”.
d. It usually takes 15 to 30 days for the editorial team to process your application.
e. Once the application is approved, you will be eligible for the writers’ benefits.
16. What are STARY and Dreame, Ringdom, Slash, Stary Writing?
STARY services to apply information and technologies to enable novel lovers to write, read, and share great content and provide practical solutions to help business partners and writers achieve content monetization. To meet various interest demands of our readers and let our writers attract corresponding reading groups at the same time, STARY has established different brands: Dreame, Ringdom, Slash and Stary Writing.
Dreame is a female-oriented reading platform where female writers can find the inspiration to create new worlds for female readers, which takes into serious consideration the reading habits of female readers and their aesthetic demands;
Ringdom is composed of fiction fans. Every member of the Ringdom team has been enthusiastic about Genre Fiction that is adventurous, high-concept, and page-turning with strong characters. These are the things that everyone would love to read or present for others. Thus, Ringdom has chosen to focus on stories that feature these characteristics;
Slash is the pioneer among platforms that aims to provide high-quality content to readers who love LGBT+ works worldwide, with the mission to enable all readers to find the LGBT+ works they are most interested in on our platform and get a comfortable reading experience.
Stary Writing is a platform for writing belonging to STARY, which supports PC and mobile writing.
There are sub-brands to serve readers who speak specific languages, such as Innovel and Yugto. All our efforts are to provide the readers with an unparalleled experience of reading.